You Did It

Firstly i want to say congratulation to my friend Georgina Bos for completing her cycling vacation from Netherlands to Paris.


This is what she said when she finished
 
6 days, 45.5 hours including breaks, 500 km of cycling and I am here. I feel completely empty. During cycling I did not think of anything and that for 6 days, only cycling and getting to my destination. After Saint-Quentin I couldn't cycle so much any more, had to take more breaks, although the road was mainly going down.

Yesterday when I saw the sign of Paris 44 km, it made me so happy. And if I wanted to have more adrenaline in my body I for sure succeed. Before entering 
Paris, it was like cycling on the highway with my bicycle of course still hilly. Sometimes I went downhill with for sure 40 km, hoping my bike of 20 euros would hold...because if I would have an accident, I for sure would me dead.

I do understand why people do this kind of vacation by themselves. For me it was a very interesting holiday, just me on the bicycle to Paris, meeting people on the way via Couchsurfing. I slept in people their housing and it was really a great experience. In Compiegne my host took me to a Couchsurfing meeting, really nice. After that we went into the forest to look at the stars and listen to the sound of the deers in the mating season. Thank you Claire Ette and CS Compiegne, was really cool.

Thanks for all the cool reactions!
 
You are a true hero sister love you 
kay
x

No comments: