Australia Breakdown

Financial Breakdown from my trip to Australia.

 

- Flight: 1605.06 (I went with Travel Junction as I only wanted one stop flight, and I would NOT recommend them to anyone, it turned out to be a 2-stop flight

TRAVEL JUNCTION

EVAAIR 

- Visa: Free (Online E-Visa)

VISA INFORMATION

- Spending money: £501.56 GBP. (Half on Travel card and half in cash. Take more on card next time)

HAYS TRAVEL CARD

HAYS TRAVEL MONEY

- Cattery: £126 (The only problem I have with them is they need to update their payment system as I am not a fan of bank transfers.)

ANIMAL CARE

- Travel Insurance: £25.61 (Travel insurance for the trip would have been less but I have asthma

INSURANCE 

- Hostel + Fees: £44.74 (What they didn't tell me was switching days because of a flight time change added an extra £20 on + fees of course!!)

HOSTEL WORLD

HYDE PARK

(I have come to the realization i am too old for Hostels and bunk beds from now i think it will be Hotels or Airbnb)

- National Express 1: £13.72 single Carlisle to London (was £45.24 but I paid with Amazon Pay with student discount, so I got 75% discount)

- National Express 2: £30.73 single return London to Carlisle (Paid with Amazon Pay only got £5 student discount)

- National Express 3: £9.35 single from London to Heathrow 

NATIONAL EXPRESS (These are my saviour after my Train got cancelled due to strikes)

Heathrow Express: £25 (from Heathrow to Paddington)

1: Accommodation in Grafton: £87.63 (cancelled due to the hotel closing, Refunded and Expedia did give me £100 voucher)

2: AirBnb £166.82 6th January till 9th January

AIRBNB

- Flight 2 Port McQuarrie to Brisbane: $248.31 Australian Dollars my friend recommended WebJet (£139.20 GBP, I didn't realise there was no Trains/ Buses/ coaches from Port McQuarrie to Brisbane, the journey would have taken 12 hours!)

- $99 Flight date change (I got that wrong date)

WEBJET

QANTAS AIRLINE

- Train to Grafton: $60.17 AUD (£35 English money)

 

Personal Expense:

- Clothes alternations: £50

- Travel toiletries: £10

- Summer clothes £25.50

- Food in London £30.00

- Airport Food/ Snacks £150

- Exchange Fees/ Card Fees £25

 

What would I have done better:

- Learn to drive beforehand so there's no need for public transport then find a great long term car rental.

- I totally underestimated the prices in London from public transport to restaurants, they all add a 'Service fee' on which I did not know, I think its modern-day thievery!

- Stay in Australia for longer, next time it will be my whole visa.

- leave the airports if you have a long stay over like I had in Taiwan 12 hours. Get out and see things.




No comments: