#ENDCHILDPOVETY

I am not generally one for bringing politics to this blog but this Free School Meal debate is making me very angry, because it shouldn't of been up for debate in the first place.
When I was at school me and my sibling got free school meals because my parents couldn't afford pack lunches your lucky if we could afford a school uniform, I lived in hand me downs me and my sisters style where so different.

I know personally how much free school meals are needed and even more so now the virus has wiped out most peoples employment and benefits are being reduced, when it comes to looking for a job it 500 people to 1 job, its impossible now supermarkets are rising prices on food and believe me that's hit even me hard so just imagine how its going to hit young families.
Mental health is at a all time high already, suicide has been rising throughout lockdown at an alarming rate now your taking away the one thing we need to live a basic life right, the thing that keeps us alive, FOOD!

What gives you the right to take away peoples food?
Who gives you the right to say who lives and who dies? 
You are not god!
You are a government and can be replaced!
The people of England are stronger and better than you, any and all of you!

link here for petition on free school meals LINK HERE

Children should not pay the price for and adults mistakes.

Families have experienced food insecurity over the last 6 months.
Families have lost income as a result of Covid-19.
Demand for food banks this winter is predicted to be 61% higher than last.

With the Child Food Poverty Taskforce, I am calling for Government to allocate money to:

- Expand free school meals to all under-16s where a parent or guardian is in receipt of Universal Credit or equivalent benefit
- Provide meals & activities during all holidays
- Increase the value of Healthy Start vouchers to at least £4.25 per week, and expand the scheme.

The guardian           

in cumbria

penrith news

pubs and cafes

news

If you live in Cumbria below are a few links on how to apply but most importantly the first port of call for anyone would be you local council.

cumbria 

direct gov

how to apply






No comments: