BOOK: If On a Winters Night a Traveller


If on a winter's night a traveller is a 1979 novel by the Italian postmodernist writer Italo Calvino. The narrative, in the form of a frame story, is about the reader trying to read a book called If on a winter's night a traveller. Each chapter is divided into two sections. The first section of each chapter is in second person, and describes the process the reader goes through to attempt to read the next chapter of the book he is reading. The second half is the first part of a new book that the reader ("you") finds. The second half is always about something different from the previous ones and the ending is never explained. The book was published in an English translation by William Weaver in 1981.
 
My personal opinion is: This book is driving me crazy I hate stuff that repeats it self and this book is doing it royally! 
I can only read a few pages at a time because anymore and I would loose it with the book plus unless its just me I don't think it make sense none of it. But I am carrying on reading I am not one to give upon a book even if it does drive me crazy.

No comments: