BOOK: The Time Of My Life By Patrick Swayze

My opinion: I like everyone else had madly over the year fell head over heel's in love with Patrick Swayze and I was so excited when finding this book in a charity shop.....
Then I started reading it and it made me very angry, he made me very angry!
I don't know if I read it wrong but to me it sounded like he forced his wife to marry him. He was a very insecure man with a very pushy mother who made his insecurities worse.
I did finish the book and the ending was pretty sad how he was always talking about fighting the cancer and surviving.
I finished reading this book anyway, I felt very sad and sorry for Lisa her own career was over shadowed by him and his career the book left me wanting to know more about Lisa not Patrick.
My illusions about him are well and truly shattered he was a self obsessed, ignorant insecure man.
 
 
Patrick Swayze:
Patrick Wayne Swayze was an American actor, dancer and singer-songwriter.
He was best-known for his roles as romantic leading men in the films Dirty Dancing and Ghost and as Orry Main in the North and South television miniseries.
He was listed by People magazine as its "Sexiest Man Alive" in 1991.

Diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer in January 2008, Swayze told Barbara Walters a year later that he was "kicking it". However, he died from the disease on September 14, 2009. His last role was the lead in an A&E TV series, The Beast, which premiered on January 15, 2009. However, due to a prolonged decline in health, Swayze was unable to promote the series, and on June 15, 2009, Entertainment Tonight reported that the show had been cancelled.
 
 

No comments: